Development Director (Full-time)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, nonprofit management, public policy, public administration or a related field and have a passion for human rights or social justice.
- 3-5 years comparable experience in nonprofit development, preferably as a Development Director at a small or medium size nonprofit, or as an Assistant Development Director at a larger organization.
- A strong track record of positioning an organization to achieve tangible outcomes in a competitive fundraising environment. Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with individual and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of the local foundation landscape, with at least 2 years of experience building relationships with local foundations and writing grant proposals, preferably for a social service or health organization.
- Experience and knowledge of planning large fundraising events of more than 200 attendees.
- Outstanding computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office and experience working with fundraising/CRM databases.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities while following through with the important small details.
- Project a professional demeanor and possess exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to build rapport and effectively interface with donors, board members, senior management, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to work some weeknights and weekends as job demands.
Salary range is $65-85K DOE. Benefits package includes generous vacation, health, dental, and parking.
Position beginning February 2017.
To be considered complete, applications must include a cover letter describing your interest in the position, specific qualifications that match the above requirements, résumé, 4 year salary history, and three professional references.
Email complete packet in PDF or Word format to: email@example.com
No phone calls please. Emails only.